Is this you?
We are in the process of refreshing our product and are looking for a developer to improve our product’s user interface and overall user experience based on concepts provided by designers. While the role is focused on front-end implementation, you will need server side development skills to fully realise your work. As part of a very small, geographically distributed team, you will need to show initiative and be comfortable working independently.
As a company that prioritises personal development, we hope to see you growing your role with us over time. Initially however, your core responsibilities would be:
• To work with the product team to understand and implement updates to the UI.
• To ensure the quality and consistency of your updates by following standards and suggesting new ones.
• To optimise performance and ensure pages are responsive across the application.
• To draw on experience and industry standards to ensure UI updates are consistent and scalable
The following skillset is essential for this role:
• Demonstrable experience of working with user interface frameworks – You will need to utilise recognised frameworks to ensure a consistent user experience and minimise code debt. RightMarket currently uses libraries such as Angular, Bootsrap and SASS.
• An understanding of UI standards and good practice – You will be responsible for the implementation of the UI, so you will need an understanding of what makes an interface accessible and performant.
• Experience with quality control processes – You will need to ensure user interface updates meet our standards, and will need to be familiar with testing techniques and tools. We use GitHub and Azure Pipelines to version control and manage our releases.
• Teamwork and communication – You will need strong communication skills and a high standard of written English to work with other team members remotely who are sometimes in other countries. Knowing when to share your workload with others and when to ask for help matters.
In a small company, personalities come to the fore and it’s an aspect we very much encourage at RightMarket. We need you to make our team stronger by sharing your thoughts, speaking up when you don’t understand something and challenging other team members’ ideas.
Since the pandemic, we have permanently switched to working from home full time. Although we speak to each other online daily, working remotely does require a certain level of self-discipline, focus and honesty.
As the person primarily responsible for the implementation of the UI, you will need the tenacity to see a project through from start to finish and attention to detail to ensure good quality standards.
This is us!
At RightMarket, our mission is to help organisations stay on-brand and give professional marketers their time back to concentrate on rewarding work that builds brand value.
We are a design platform for brands.
We make our client’s brands accessible throughout their organisation. By allowing users enough freedom/flexibility to create the artwork they need but not too much so they can’t harm the brand.
Working with our client’s brand and design teams, we turn all the core artwork into SMART templates within the RightMarket platform.
Users then edit on top, not design from the ground up.
- Salary: £25K – £35k Subject to experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Optional Private Health Insurance from 6 months onwards
- Working from home full-time makes for a very short commute
- Remote working doesn’t mean never seeing each other! We organise amazing staff gatherings several times a year (usually within Cambridgeshire or London). From cocktail making, escape rooms and minigolf to axe throwing and dragon boating, we like to make the most of the time we do spend together!